Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Saint Patrick's Day fun!

If I found a Pot of Gold...

I love St. Patrick's Day. We have had so much fun this past week. We began with a little writing activity...If I found a Pot of Gold. First, we covered our pots we found at the end of the rainbow, with black mosiac squares to create a 3D effect. Then we glittered our gold coins to add that touch of sparkle. Finally, the students came up with 2 ways they would spend or use their gold. My firsties came up with so many cute ideas on how they would spend their gold. Check them out!












Prism Rainbows...The kids thought this was so cool. I have this great water prism that makes just beautiful rainbows on our wall. My class couldn't stop talking about how "they" made a rainbow. Isn't this what makes first grade the best?

In math, we are working on graphing and data, so we used skittles (taste the rainbow...) and sorted, tallied and graphed how many we had of each color in our bag.

 The tally charts and graphs turned out so nice.
                                             



We also created Lephrecaun calendars. The students created an ABC pattern using candy apple green, dark green and gold. They look so good!




 
...A little ABC order using all things having to do with March. My class is getting so good at this skill. So proud!






No comments:

Post a Comment